This challenge for writers is circulating on Instagram. Because it is a very positive thing, I decided to share mine here, too.
Five Reasons Why I Write:
1. Compulsion: the words flow and I can’t stop them.
2. Satisfaction: there is immense joy in creating and crafting something meaningful.
3. Encouragement: I write about things that everyone experiences- grief, anger, pain, happiness, challenges, victories — in a way that shows others they are not alone.
4. Self-preservation: delivering justice fictionally carries fewer penalties than actually hurting people.
5. Sanity: It’s the most effective therapy I have ever had.
Bonus Reason: 6. It’s the only way I can explain my browser history.
I’d love to see you follow me and join in this fun challenge on Instagram.
You’re more than welcome to tag me in your post so I am sure to see it.
Also, I hope you feel free to comment and share the reasons why you write.
3 thoughts on “Five Reasons Why I Write.”
Reblogged this on adaratrosclair and commented:
All of these reasons for writing — even number six — I wholeheartedly agree with. Of course, there are so many more, but this list is a great starter for me.
Hi there. It’s been said that “great minds think alike” and I also have these reasons. 🙂 Great post!