This post struck a chord with me. I hate my insomnia, but because of it, I have written some incredible poetry at 3am.
I do try to manage it, and to practise good sleep hygiene, but sometimes my pain levels and my brain conspire against me.
On those night when I am not able to write, I find listening to talkback radio, a podcast or an audiobook helps me to relax and and least rest while I am awake.
I’d love to know what works for you.
Insomnia can be quite unpleasant. Who wants to be tired and cranky the next day? Probably nobody.
But as the clock ticks and you’re still awake, you come to the point of acknowledging that you’re going to be tired and cranky anyway.
So why not using the time you can’t sleep for something good and productive, right?
What can you do when you can’t sleep?
- You can start a blog or just sharing some thoughts in your private journal.
- You can read a book you couldn’t find the time for.
- You can clean or do something else you were avoiding for a long time.
- You can have a long conversation with yourself.
- You learn how to be alone and enjoy your own company. (No, not everyone can do this.)
- You get to enjoy all of the silence the night brings with it.
- You can dream awake without being accused of…
View original post 112 more words